Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Drea and my 2012 Mazda 6 just started flashing the picture

Customer Question

Customer: Drea and my 2012 Mazda 6 just started flashing the picture of the car and key today
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got to work and turned off the car as usual - when I went to remove the key it beeped then the light started flashing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The security light flashing in most cases means the security system and or the key have lost programming and one thing you can try is try using your spare key and see if it will read. If the spare key will not work as well then the next step is going to require having the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved.