George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

I have a 1998 Mazda truck B2500 2.5 litre eng. The problem

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Mazda truck B2500 2.5 litre eng. The problem I'm having is in the connection half way between the dashboard and the front water pump connection.
The "four hose" connection piece has a vaccum line made into it and it is dripping water/antifreeze. I don't know if I have it connected right of turn right, so after I drive it a while and then cut the engine off, later on I see where water has drip on the concrete and that four way hose connection area stay wet. Please help !! My name is***** can properly explaining it better on the phone. Thank You.....
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

I am unable to speak on the phone but I know the valve you are seeing the leak from. This is a vacuum operated water valve and is in a very awkward position to replace but that is the cure for your leak.

Yours looks like the one found at this link?

Use new hose clamps and you will probably have to dig pieces of the old plastic out of the hoses. Be sure to get it all out. mark the hoses before you take them off!

Please let me know if that is what you are seeing

Thanks