Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I changed the battery on my CX9 keycard. Now it

Customer Question

Hi, I changed the battery on my CX9 keycard. Now it locks/unlocks but i cant start the car. Any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately when you changed the battery its very likely you lost your programming and in most cases that means the system will need to be reprogrammed and unless you have access to a Mazda compatible scan tool you are going to have to have your dealer reprogram the system for you. Im sorry there is not a easier answer for you.