Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a question regarding my 2007 Mazda 3. My Mazda 3

Customer Question

I have a question regarding my 2007 Mazda 3.
My Mazda 3 oriignally didn't come with intermittent wiper switch (No intermittent feature). So I bought one and installed it on my Mazda 3. However, the new intermittent wiper switch does not work (no intermittent action), why?
Did I miss anything?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part I bought (intermittent wiper switch) is BR9E-66-128 and it is not working for intermittent feature
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

THE wipers are controlled by a microcomputer built into the passenger junction block and if the car didnt come with intermittent wipers this microcomputer will not do it regardless of whether you changed the switch or not. Im not even 100 percent sure the wiring will be there. I can walk you through checking if you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't quite follow you regarding your statement "if you car didn't come with intermittent wipers".Do you mean the intermittent wiper "motor" or any other parts related to intermittent feature?Or perhaps my car's microcomputer is old version which even didn't support this intermittent feature?

What I mean by that is when it was driven off the lot brand new it did not have the option for intermittent wipers. As you saw there was no position on the switch for intermittent because the car didnt come with that option. The microcomputer can likely be programmed to have the function but if the wiring is not there the wiring will need ran as well. I havent personally gone through adding the feature to one that didnt come from the factory with it so I cant say for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I summarize the current status of the conversation1. The Microcomputer can be "programmed" no matter it is before or after 2007.2. The wiring/harness is different for before and after 2007 model year... But how to tell? I checked the pin position and number of pin on the harness side connector, no difference to both fixed and variable wiper switch.

Is there a white with green stripe wire on the wiper switch? If so the wire is there. Im not sure where you get that I said anything aboiut any other year. I thought you were working on a 2007. You didnt tell me the year was wrong.