Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

After not using my 2010 Mazda CX7 weeks, my radio will not

Customer Question

After not using my 2010 Mazda CX7 for 8 weeks, my radio will not work - it is on and all the presets work, but no sound
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, what sound system do you have? Is it the basic or Bose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Bose system
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok, there is a TSB on these vehicles relating to this same problem, there is a software update available that should correct this issue. The only other potential cause is the amplifier, but I wouldn't replace anything until that update has been done. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a TSB? And is there a guarantee that my problem will be fixed?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

A TSB is a technical service bulletin, it's articles the manufacturers publish when there's a known common issue with a vehicle that they've discovered a fix for. It's definitely applicable to your mazda, however, the only way to know if that software update has ever been done on your particular vehicle is to have the dealer check the software version on yours against the current version. It's possible it's already been done and as I said in that case your amplifier has likely failed, but you need to have a mazda dealer check for that software update before anything else is replaced