Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

The starter is not engaging the engine. it turns fine, but

Customer Question

the starter is not engaging the engine. it turns fine, but no engine crank. I put the right front wheel on a stand and let sit for two weeks. when set back down, the starter engaged the engine for 1 second, then stopped. now will not engage.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you sure the starter is spinning then take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and at the starter check and see if both the large starter cable as well as the small solenoid wire have battery voltage while trying to start the car. If both show voltage and the starter is still not engaging then you likely have a bad starter drive and the starter will need to come off.