Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Ed.Ihave a draw.tracéd it to btn 40 amp fues. What does this

Customer Question

Hi Ed.Ihave a draw.tracéd it to btn 40 amp fues. What does this circiut run.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This fuse provides power to the Passenger Junction Box which on these vehicles acts almost like a Body Control Module. A lot of times a draw from it is caused by the internal module in the PJB going bad but sometimes an input to the CJB is not allowing it to go to sleep. How long are you waiting for it to go to sleep before testing for the draw. It usually takes close to an hour before it will go to sleep. If you are waiting out the hour or so then remove the J02 and J06 connectors from the PJB one at a time and see if any of them cause the draw to stop.. if not then the PJB has malfunctioned. I am attaching a diagram showing the connectors so you can identify them.