Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

P0037 error code, O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2, system too

Customer Question

P0037 error code, O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2, system too lean,cylinder 2 misfire ... What parts will i need to fix it all and where is location of sensor 2 ...
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light ever flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

P0037 is for the rear oxygen sensor. There are only two oxygen sensors, one close to engine and one further down is exhaust toward rear of vehicle. This code is for rear oxygen sensor. The cylinder 2 misfire usually means you have a failed coil. Use a spark tester to see if cylinder 2 has good spark, if not swap spark plug to verify that is not the problem. If swapping spark plug does not help then replace the coil. The lean codes are usually caused by a leaking intake boot or leaking EGR vacuum hose. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Dan!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know if you need anything. Thanks again and have a great day!