Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Ron just read your response to my question regarding the 84

Customer Question
rx7. Would a plugged catalytic...
Ron just read your response to my question regarding the 84 rx7. Would a plugged catalytic converter be a gradual occurance.
that is poor idling over a period of time until it just wont idle any longer? This problem developed suddenly . One day its fine runs great the next day its not wanting to idle. What is the White ash like substance at the wiring end of the sensor? And Finally is this an O2 sensor or a Temp sensor or is it one in the same
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
11/5/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

A bad cat can either slowly restrict or in some cases it can happen all at once, the best way to know is to loosen the exhaust so it has a healthy leak and see if the problem clears. As for the sensor I suspect its a temp sensor but with out seeing it or the ash It is hard to say for sure, can you post a picture of it for me and let me have a look?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician