peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

06 Mazda 6 sunroof stuck in the tilted up position? Has

Customer Question

06 Mazda 6 sunroof stuck in the tilted up position? Has power to the switch just makes a click when you hit the button
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the track assembly that the motor operates.I have seen debris in the track as well as a bent track or broken track component that will cause this issue here.The sun roof track will need to be inspected further to see if there is any damage needing repaired to correct this here or if there is debris stuck in it.In allot of cases unfortunately this may involve removing the interior headliner to remove the track and glass assembly to inspect for any issues needing repaired or replaced and in some cases if the track is found damaged the entire track needs replaced as some do not have separate serviceable parts.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.