Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Mazda 6 V6. Last week my battery was changed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 Mazda 6 V6. Last week my battery was changed as my previous battery was bad. Every since the new battery was installed acceleration is real sluggish. I took my car to my mechanic and the diagnostic was bad barometric sensor and replace all 6 ignition coil packs and spark plugs. The car still has a little trouble accelerating from 1st, 2nd and 3rd but not as bad as before. What could still be causing the poor acceleration? Also the radiator fan turns on as soon as the engine is on and stays on. Once I shut the engine off the fan stays on for roughly 5 seconds and then shuts off. Can whatever is causing the poor acceleration also be causing my radiator fan to stay on?
Thanks,
Joe
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When the cooling fan is staying on, are you using an AC setting? Does the fan remain on while the climate control is off? If the fan does remain on then its possible you have an engine coolant temp sensor reading incorrect which can effect the computers strategy for the way it controls the air fuel ratio. Can you try cleaning the throttle body and some fuel injector cleaner and let me know those results.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the AC is not on. Once the car starts the cooling fan comes on. Also the car shifts at a higher RPM now (between 4000-5000). Acceleration is sluggish. Can a bad engine coolant temp sensor cause poor acceleration? Not sure if this is relevant but the coolant level is still at normal.Thanks
Joe

Yes, a incorrect reading coolant sensor can effect the engine performance. I am not guaranteeing its bad but it needs to be checked. The fan is staying on from a sensor or computer or fan relay issue and that will need to be resolved because the computer seeing high temp when not and the coolant to cold when it should not be can cause issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the repair cost to replace the engine coolant temp sensor?Thanks,
Joe

Joe, if ths part is diagnosed as faulty the labor time to replace it is 1 hour and the part is 63$