Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Having problem with 2004 mazda 3 EPS, light came on steering

Customer Question
seemed normal during this time...
Having problem with 2004 mazda 3 EPS, light came on steering seemed normal during this time. Plugged in "Scanxl with mazda enhancement" no code but PID showed Power steering pressure low. Replaced the pump upon initial start up light went off but after cycling steering it comes back on. noticed if I turn car off for a bit light is gone, as long as I don't turn the wheel. soon as I do light comes back on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
Also noticed no change Steering pressure showing low in my scanxl program, not sure if this is live data, the steering seems fine when driving with light on.
I changed only the pump portion of the power steering unit, original motor portion is still in use with new pump.
I also flushed the entire system as I installed the new pump.
10/17/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

The symptom chart that fits this states to check and diagnose the codes, but you said there are none. The symptom ends in replacing the rack however there are many steps prior. Are there still no codes stored even though there are warning lights on?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician