Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I cannot get into my vehicle even when I try to use the

Customer Question

I cannot get into my vehicle even when I try to use the actual key
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

If the remote does not work, and the key will turn but not unlock it, then the door lock actuator has no power from a dead battery most likely. Scotch the wheels, raise the front of the ground. Connect jumper cables or a charger to the largest wire on the starter or alternator. The the other to chassis ground. Now power the vehicle with a charger or jump start to see if the door now unlocks so you can then enter and open the hood.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris