Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is rachel and my 2003 mazda tribute keeps shutting

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** my 2003 mazda tribute keeps shutting off while driving
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. Initially my car shut off after a*****while I stopped at a red light. I tried to jump it but it couldn't keep a charge once the plugs were taken off
We tried replacing with a mazda 6 battery just to get it home and it worked off and on
This past week I took it to a mechanic who said it was the EGR valve-so he fixed that and put in a new battery plus an oil change
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Are you able to do any testing yourself? If so I need to know what the engine running, battery voltage is at idle and up to 2500 rpms with the headlights, wipers and blowers on.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris