Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazdaspeed 3 2007, i rebuild engine like a mounth ago, and

Customer Question
mazdaspeed 3 2007 , i...
mazdaspeed 3 2007 , i rebuild engine like a mounth ago , and car cames with no cylinder compression , i remove valve cover and saw intake camshaft was complete half turn moved , i loose cams and made a leak down test , all was perfect , i will try to find wath happened , and i only found , that , high pressure fuel pump , had a broken pieze like a dime , i didn[t know it that block the cam and it turns over the phaser gear .....i didn[t know ...if you know please tell me .....
otherwise now i didn´t have reference to aligned phaser gear , i have blocked crank and cams , but phaser gear could be any place , but what would happen with cam notches ...and i didnt find nothing in mitchell , all data even internet ....if you have any diagram or procedure will be fine ....thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
10/8/2015
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Are you asking how to align the timing components on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

thanks for answer me , but , i really need to know how to syncro intake phase gear , because i was all moved from it´s original position , ( i didn´t find why happen this ) , becasue in AllData and Mitchell said yo have to mark the position of the old phaser gear against camshaft before removed and put a new one , but right know , i don´t have any clue what was the original position of intake phase gear to put it in the original position ....that´s my main problem , right know i have all blocked with the cam kit ( crankshaft and cams )

and in the other hand , how could this happened , because the inner part of high pressure fuel pump , had a broken pieze like a dime ....could the high pressure fuel pump be the guilty of this camshaft timing mess after a mount and 1500miles of use ?

????? do you have that info

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately I don't have the info you are looking for here on this myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician