Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

I have a 2006 Mazda 3 Sport. Have a small electrical issue.

Customer Question
Hey Chris. I have...
Hey Chris. I have a 2006 Mazda 3 Sport. Have a small electrical issue. Hooked up the battery and as soon as the negative cable touches the battery post, you can hear a pump or motor start running behind the battery box. My guess was the ABS pump. But started pulling fuses and relays until it stopped. The ABS fuses stopped the pump running. I checked for voltage at the fuse terminals. 10A fuse has no power. But both 20A and 30A terminals have 12V at them. Are these getting backed from somewhere?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
10/7/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Help to understand a little better. Which fuse removed stopped the ABS pump from running: ABS IG 10A, ABS 1 30A, or ABS 2 20A?

The 20 and 30 amp fuses out will still have power at one terminal, since they are powered all the time from within the fuse box. The 10 amp will only have power with the key on. The current information is pointing to a faulty ABS module.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine and have went to many schools and classes to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating one of the answers, not the questions, you receive is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

It is the ABS1 30A which kills the constant power issue.

Thanks, ***** ***** removed, to stop the ABS motor constantly running means the ABS module will need to be replaced.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician