sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a 07 mazda cx7. driving along and had to t the brakes.

Customer Question

have a 07 mazda cx7. driving along and had to hit the brakes. When I went to give it gas to resume my car was dead. Have not been able to get it to start.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition, especially depending on what it's actually doing. You may have lost fuel pressure due to a failed pump, spark due to a crank sensor failure, wiring, you may simply have a blown fuse, the engine controller may not be awake due to a loss of power or ground or internal failure.

What happens when you try to start the engine?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. It cranks but will not start. Someone told me about a fuel pump reset switch. Had to tow it to an unfamilar shop. They didnt want to even try this reset switch. They believe it to be the timing chain, which would cost about 2,000. I am hesitant to believe their diagnosis.

Does the engine crank at a normal speed or does it seem faster?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems the to be at normal speed.

I'm not sure it's a cam timing issue then. If it was a cam timing issue then normally the engine would crank faster than normal since the valves either aren't opening or opening at the incorrect time and there is little or not compression.