Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

My Mazda mx5 won't turn over and we put fuel in it and even

Customer Question
used starting fluid to try...
My Mazda mx5 won't turn over and we put fuel in it and even used starting fluid to try to start it but it on starts on the starting fluid and then dies when we stop spraying it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
9/11/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Okay let rewrite this to be clear .

Car will crank (Turn over) but will not start , but when cranking (turning over) the engine will start with the use of

start fluid sprayed in the throttle body ,when you stop spraying the engine stalls ..??

If this is what is happening, then please check the fuel pump is working , if you have no fuel pressure the engine will not start.

If the fuel pump is running then you need to do a fuel pressure test as anything under 18psi will not start .

When you switch on the ignition the fuel pump will energize for two seconds then when you crank over the engine is will

re-energizer .

It is the fuel system as with starting fluid it starts ,so this confirms that the ignition system is working .

Let me know if the fuel pump is working or not so we know what action to take next .

Kindest regards Greg

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician