Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda 1982 rotary rx7 runs smooth no smoke cant see leakage

Customer Question

mazda 1982 rotary rx7 runs smooth no smoke cant see leakage but goes through quart of oil every 300 miles--rebuilt 15k miles ago
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have no external leaks and you are loosing coolant then that usually means the engine is burning it which usually means you have a seeping head gasket or a problem with the head.. I would start with performing a cooling system pressure test as well as a block test to determine if that is the cause of the loss of coolant.