Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

I have a 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 2.3l turbo in my shop and it

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 2.3l turbo in my shop and it seems like it is having fuel issues. Once it heats up it will hard start at WOT, sometimes not start at all. Its getting spark and starts when i shoot some brake clean in the intake. No codes. I am leaning towards fuel rail pressure sensor, in tank pump, or ground. PLEASE HELP!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Any codes

How many miles on the car

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No codes, 91,752 miles; I just changed fuel pump and regulator in tank, still doing same thing. Looks like fuel pressure is reading around 50 psi from fuel tank. Car starts up, only at WOT, runs for like 5 seconds than shuts down like its timed.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Looks like its flooding . if will only start with WOT when hot .
Fit your scan tool and check live data if no codes.
TPS is a typical issue for your problem .
When hot do a fuel pressure leak down test ,check for flooding cylinders .
What condition are the spark plugs in. if Bosch throw them out and fit NGK or Denso .
When running can you keep it running by feathering the throttle .
You said fixed timing chain you got this fitted 100%
Out a tooth or so will also do what you are now experiencing .
if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** actually figured this problem out the day after I posted this urgent question. It was difficult getting a hold of someone the 1st couple days. I will try to keep you guys in mind for next time. Hopefully I can get help a little sooner.