Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

What could cost the tail pipe to blow out smoke when you

Customer Question

What could cost the tail pipe to blow out smoke when you smash the gas
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

This is usually a sign of a rich fuel mixture or unburned fuel going through the exhaust. Typical causes would be poor running, bad spark plugs, possibly a bad mass air flow sensor. If it's been a while since the plugs were replaced the engine may not be burning the fuel as good as it should be.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.