Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda B3000: 2003 mazda b3000- starting problems. When parked

Customer Question

2003 mazda b3000- starting problems. When parked on incline, will not start. Has happened 3-5 times. Read that maybe pushing parking brake too hard, hits on a cable?
Another blogger said a reset switch on firewall is an option. I don't see it. One year ago same problem, thought it was fuel pump, but, replaced battery and all ok.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
When you roll it to level ground does it then start?Can you check the fuel pressure in this event?If you keep the fuel tank full, does it still occur?It should not be the parking brake nor the inertia switch to blame, though we need to verify it is even the fuel pressure to blame or not. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Moose-I've got family over tomorrow to push it back in garage, level spot and see what happens. I may or not get back to you. Thanks
No problem, report back whenever