Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Mazda tribute: battery light comes on, then yesterday the abs

Customer Question

battery light comes on, then yesterday the abs light came on and the tach and speedometer quit working. wipers became slow but when I turned the headlights off everything went back to normal for the rest of the day??
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,When the battery light came on it meant the alternator wasn't charging. This will cause the electrical issues you were having because the battery will slowly drain of power. When you restarted the car and the system became normal, the alternator was doing it's job. I would have the alternator and charging system tested under load. If it is not producing at least 14.2 volts then it is failing and is going to cause you problems.Under load means with the wipers, headlights and blower all running. Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.