Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Mazda 6: I have a 2003 Mazda 6, 5 speed and cannot get 3 of

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mazda 6, 5 speed and cannot get 3 of the engine monitors to go to ready
I've driven the car over 1,000 miles with no luck
How do I correct this
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. What monitors need to be set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Catalitic, oxygen and EGR
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
There are specific drive cycles for each monitor. You can try to complete the steps yourself but sometimes a scan tool is needed which will walk you through exact steps and would cost about a hour labor at shop. Give m a few minutes and I'll look up procedures for you. Thanks!
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
V6 or 4 cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Here are drive cycle procedures, let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbdk1bygico2q9l/dc1.PNG?dl=0
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6i1z0uwy3iobe6/dc2.PNG?dl=0
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ezp4doxu1r3vta/dc3.PNG?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a scan tool
I took my car to the garage I've been dealing with for 45 years and they told me the info on what monitors wouldn't reset
I've just came back from a business trip yesterday and put 195 miles on the car
That wouldn't be sufficient enough to reset the monitors. I had about 60 miles of stop and go over hills the rest was high way
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
There are specific drive procedures that need to be done for each monitor to complete. Normal driving will usually complete them but not always. Next step s to try above procedures yourself, if that doesn't help pay dealership a hour labor to complete with scan tool. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found this info on the internet over that last 2 weeks and have tried them all with no luck
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Then you will need to have procedure done with scan tool, there are no other options. Either procedure isn't being done right or pretest condition is not being met. I'm sorry there is not a easier way to complete the monitors. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean go through the drive cycles with a scan tool or is there some other procedure to do with the scan tool
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
The scan tool gives automated procedure, not all scan tools will do this which is why I recommend dealership. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.