Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Mazda Tribute V6. I am trying to charge up the…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Mazda...
I have a 2006 Mazda Tribute V6. I am trying to charge up the compressor with oil and Freon and it will not take any at all. I have checked the system and it has none in it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
7/12/2015
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If the system won't take refrigerant at all then there has to be a restriction in the system, an issue with the valve cores in the service parts, or an issue with the equipment being used to charge it. If you're not using a recovery machine you'll be able to get a small amount into the system and you may need to force the compressor to run to charge it the rest of the way.

Were you able to pull vacuum correctly?