gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Mazda Miata LS: I get a lot of rattling over bumps. The steering

Customer Question

I get a lot of rattling over bumps. The steering wheel vibrates from side to side a bit. Most of the noise seems to come from the front. Will stabilizers under the hood help?
Thanks.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 years ago.
When the steering wheel vibrates, is it when driving straight, or when going over bumps? I don't know what you mean by stabilizers under the hood, do you mean a tie bar for the strut towers?I think if it is "rattling" then something is loose- probably a ball joint. Check your outer tie rod ends if the steering is affected, and check the ball joints on the lower and upper control arms