Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring: I have a Mazda rx8 2005 and the fans

Customer Question

I have a Mazda rx8 2005 and the fans will not come on and the 40 amp fuse is good and it is overheating. Do you know what it could be?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Welcome to our site. There are several things that could affect cooling fan operation. To pinpoint the issue, I'll need to guide you through a simple but systematic diagnostic procedure. I can provide the know-how and diagrams, but you will need to use a multimeter to test the different components. Do you have and know how to use one of those?Also, does the A/C work? If it does, does one of the fans come on when the A/C is on?