Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 6: My 2005 Mazda 6 won't start. I stopped the other day…

Customer Question
My 2005 Mazda 6 won't...
My 2005 Mazda 6 won't start. I stopped the other day and when I got back in the car wouldn't start. When I came back later it started. It will not start again now and hasn't for a couple of days. Before it quit starting the security light was blinking. When you turn the ignition all of the lights come on the dash, but there's no hint of attempting to start. I'm positive it is not the battery. I had a mechanic look at it and he doesn't know what it is.....do you have any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 5 days by:
7/11/2015
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set in all computers this needs done first.There is most like a security fault code set that needs diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The vehicle may not be recognizing the key due to the key itself at fault or an ignition cylinder or sensor not reading the key needing replaced.
Thanks Pete