Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 6: My 2014 Mazda 6 radio and interior lights won't trun…

Customer Question
My 2014 Mazda 6 radio...
My 2014 Mazda 6 radio and interior lights won't trun off after the car is off and is draining the battery. Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/30/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Mike, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .
With this issue that you have - if the lights / radio were off - and not coming on - this would be a straight forward fuse / wire issue... but - as its that they are not switching Off.. this is a module fault and will take some finding... Im afraid Im going to have to advise that you will need garage / shop help with this.. Too - as the car is a 2014... it will be under manufacturer warranty..so you really should not delve into this --- any repairs and costs of parts etc will be covered by the warranty..
If you were to attempt diagnostics and repairs yourself - and something went wrong or whatever..and you then took it to the dealer - they can void your warranty - and that can mean a very expensive repair.
As such then , I have to advise you have the Mazda shop look into this for you for you - and again - it will be free of cost to you ...
Im sorry if this is not what you may have wanted to hear - but it really is the very best / proper way forward on this one for you -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
Meantime -- Please do click on the Exc rating for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.