Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazda 6 S: I bought a 2005 Mazda 6 and the people I bought

Customer Question
I bought a 2005...
I bought a 2005 Mazda 6 and the people I bought it from said suddenly the car wouldn't start but it will crank. There is oil around the spark plugs, will blown head gaskets cause this? If so how much will it cost to be fixed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/27/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Hi there,Oil around the spark plugs is caused by a bad valve cover gasket and not the head gasket. Since it happened suddenly I would check for any issues with the security system. Sometimes the immobilizer will prevent fuel from getting to the engine and this would cause the no start.A bad head gasket can prevent it from starting, but the oil isn't any indication of a bad head gasket.Also, if you can use a code reader on it, you might find it needs a cam or crank position sensor.Please let me know what more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician