Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 3: I have a mazda 3small car it needs a timing chain…

Customer Question
I have a mazda 3small...
I have a mazda 3small car it needs a timing chain is there any other chains I need or any other parts
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/27/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
Ok, you will need the timing chain kit, which will include the timing chain, timing chain tensioner and guides, and timing chain cover gasket. You will need the valve cover gasket as the valve cover has to come off for the repair. You will need the oil pump chain kit that includes the chain, tensioner and guides. Finally, you will need new oil, oil filter, and coolant.
There are no timing marks for this engine. You have to use a special tool kit for the crankshaft and camshafts to lock them in place. You can rent or buy this kit from Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, or O'Reillys
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks