Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda CX7: was having a problem with camshaft timing over retarded

Customer Question

was having a problem with camshaft timing over retarded bank 1.replaced a v v t actuator and oil spool valve. the vehicle starts but do not have power. check engine light on with fuel pressure sensor high. 2007 mazda CX7 .2.3 ltr .turbo charge. is the VVT actuator timing off? what is the problem.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was not expecting to wait this long ,However i would like to receive a response asap. want to fix this problem today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting for a response.
Can I get the codes that are stored?Quite often the cam timing codes do indicate it has jumped time or there is a oil pressure issue to the VVT causing the VVT to not be able to adjust the cam timing correct. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
code P0193 fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit. poor accelaration. This code pop up after the istallation of a new VVT actuator . Hard code.Am a good auto tech , but first time working on cx7 engine performance .
Look over the steps below, have you done these tests. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07CX70193.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have done all the above tests. I have ALLDATA and MITCHELL software.How do i verify that V V T actuator is on correct timing ,since there is no mark on the camshaft. If not ,what is the simplest way to align the V V T to the cam?.I think my problem is there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the fuel pressure sensor terminal B has power all the time, whether ignition on or off .is that a computer problem?..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry ,i wanted to say whether the ignition on or vehicle running there is constant power supply on terminal b .up to 5 v.
Your supposed to mark the old actuator and new one prior to replacement to get it properly aligned. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/cx7actuator.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
since i did not mark it prior to replacing . Then how can i get it properly timed. If you are a mazda specialist, you be able to tell me how to solve this problem. Every problem have a solution . You have not been able to help my situation. I need more positive response from you unless you dont know it ,then we stop killing our time . I need solution from the expert not dialog. you have not answerd my question.
I help to many customers, I will not be able to find your post and keep up with the past dialog when there are 7 day periods with no activity. I will opt out and let someone else help you, best of luck.