Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda: I'm looking at buying a 2009 R3 with 30,000 miles on

Customer Question

I'm looking at buying a 2009 R3 with 30,000 miles on it. The dealer is asking $17,800 for it, which seems fair enough, given that the body and interior are immaculate. However, I was concerned by these compression test results :
Rotor #1 at 268 rpm: 7.4 7.3 7.4 kpa
Rotor #2 at 268 rpm: 7.5 7.5 7.4 kpa
They said "kpa," but given the numbers, they must have meant kg or bar. FWIW, I'm in Dallas, so that's about 450 feet above sea level.
Do those results seem too low to you I'm hoping for interpretation for real people that a chart cannot provide. My understanding is that the numbers are OK, but they seem kind of poor relative to the car's low mileage.
Anyways, a lot of words to say this: What are your thoughts on these results?
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
85-100 psi, 586-689 kpa. I think it worth getting some proof on what measurement they took. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris