peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Mazda Protege SE: , my mazda is stalling a little during

Customer Question

hi, my mazda is stalling a little during a cold start. if fires up straight away to 1500 rpm then drops to about 2-300 and sometimes even stalling......also if im in traffic for about 20 mins the rpm starts rising and the car begins to overheat
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not had the engine coolant temp sensor checked to see if it is sending an incorrect signal this needs done.If the sensor is sending an incorrect signal this can cause hard starts,stalling and poor running in some cases.It will need replaced if found to be the fault.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete