Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda protege: I have a 1998 madza protege 1.5l. It cranks…

Customer Question
I have a 1998 madza...
I have a 1998 madza protege 1.5l. It cranks but will not fire at all. I have spark and tried ether but still no fire. Whats up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
i took the fuel line off at the fuel injection rail and turned the engine over but got no fuel spray not even a dribble
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
6/24/2015
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Even though you tried starting fluid or similar and the engine did not start the fluid sprayed may not have been enough to fire off the engine.I have seen weak fuel pumps or failed fuel pumps cause this before and had to replace it for this issue.I would have the fuel pressure tested to see what pressure is present and if low on pressure or no pressure the power and ground need tested to the pump.If power and ground are good then the pump needs replaced.
Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician