Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Drew, Drew,We needed to change the electric

Customer Question
Hello, PLEASE HELP! We needed to...
PLEASE HELP! We needed to change the electric power steering pump in our 2013 mazda 3 i sedan, so we bought one from ebay that stated it would fit. However, the new pump has 3 spaces (connectors?) when the old broken pump from my car had 2 only and so it only has 2 wires but the new pump has 3 spaces. When my mechanic ran the scanner, it comes up with the code C1278 "steering wheel angle sensor signal" I'd like your help to determine if the message is related to the missing wire and thus the extra connector, and if it would be a problem in the long run to just run the car like that. Would the car function the same way? The car turns on, turns to right and left (we havent actually driven it off the shop), and no lights are on. Thank you in advance!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 4 days by:
6/22/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
A the connector missing wires or pins, tell me what wire colors you did have t hat connector or pictures would be great. Yes this s going to cause an issue, the electronic steering and traction control need this signal. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris