Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda 6: my 2006 mazda 6 wont start. the security light on…

Customer Question
my 2006 mazda 6 wont...
my 2006 mazda 6 wont start. the security light on dash wont go out
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/16/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Randy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Randy
Randy, Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This may be caused by the sensor on your ignition key.
Do you have a second key you can try?
Only the valet key. I tried it and it didn't work any differently.
okay. The valet key will start the car if the other key is bad. Try this next please.
Leave the key on for 10 minutes, the security light should quit blinking and go out after 10 min. This will reprogram your security system and the car should start.
I will try this but I won't be able to until after work today. Will I still be able to get in touch with you around 6pm tonight? Also, will there be an additional charge if I do?
no extra charge. Let me know if you need anything. You can come back to this page/screen anytime.
Thank you. I appreciate your help and hopefully this works.
You're welcome.
Hey Randy, that didn't work. Is there any other things for me to try?
okay, You can try disconnecting the battery with the key on. Wait 1 min and reconnect the battery with the key on. If the vehicle will still not start and theft light is flashing, you will need to get it to a Mazda dealer for diagnosis. They will have to check for fault codes stored in the module and diagnose what is causing the concern.
Ok, I will try this and let you know if it starts. Thanks.
your welcome!