Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

B2300 SE: Ron, I have a Mazda B2300 SE pickup with a 5-speed…

Customer Question
Hi Ron, I have a...
Hi Ron, I have a Mazda B2300 SE pickup with a 5-speed manual. When I close the door and drive off, the interior dome light and "Door Ajar" warning light on the dash stay on. Eventually they turn off but not for quite q while, I looked in the door jambs but do not see any type of switch. What could it be?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/16/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Open both doors and spray a 5 second shot of penetrating lube into each door latch, its normally a sticking ajar switch that is mounted inside the door to the bottom of the latch. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Tried that, doesn't do much. What next?
Now we need to do some electric al testing at the module, door wiring and ajar switch. Are you good with a volt/ohm meter?
Yes, and I have a test light too.
For the door ajar issue, can you look over the file below and at the GEM module with the doors closed, see if either of these wires are grounded. This will tell us which door to look at to see if its a chaffed wire or sensor to blame. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/97Bdoorajar.png
So I need to take the door panel off, disconnect the yellow wire from switch and connect my volt/ohm meter to look for what specific reading?
The tests, I outlined are going to be done at the GEM module so you can find out which of the doors is causing this problem. You will use the OHM setting and test the wires to a known good ground to see if there is continuity. A good ground on the screen will show 0.0 resistance. Not a good ground would be a number like 0.5673 or OL out of limits.