Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Can a 2010 mazda3 2.5L work on a 2015 mazda3

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and also can it bolt up without modification
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can a 2010 mazda3 2.5L engine work on a 2015 mazda3 model without any modification?
will the engine mounts line up and bolt up without any problems?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need your help, I ordered a 2.5l engine for my 2010 mazda3 5 door sedan. the engine arrived on Wednesday and my car crashed and was totaled on Friday. I just ordered a 2015 Mazda3 but it was built for the caribbean market so it can only come with a 1.6l engine just like my crashed one. i wanted to know if the 2010 2.5l engine could fit and bolt up without any modifications on my new 2015. I received a complete transmission, engine and ECU
There is not a file or repair guide that tells us what engines and or any part for that matter will fit in another vehicle. All we can do is compare them from repair guides, operations specs, and wire diagrams. Yes you can make it work, but its not going to be easy at all, alot of modification is going to be needed, more so in the module and wire diagram area. So based on what you asked about needing to complete this swap, I say no, its not going to work. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok they sent me a complete harness and ECU, I wanted to know if the engine mounts will line up and bolt up without any problems
No the mounts will not line up but that can be corrected, that is the easy part. The computer is not going to communicate with any of the other modules on the car.