Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2010 Mazda 6 driver side water leak soaking carpet in driver…

Customer Question
2010 Mazda 6 driver side...
2010 Mazda 6 driver side water leak soaking carpet in driver and passenger compartment.
The Moonroof drain tubes appear to be clear, and no windshield leakage.
There was no leak before the car was in an accident earlier this year and the steering rack was replaced. Repair shop has inspected the car and say the rack seal is tight with no evidence of water leaking in around the steering column.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/13/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Mazda has released a service bulletin for a water leak on the left windshield area as well as the upper cowl on the Mazda 6 that may be the leak you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Madza%20Water%20leak%20Jun%2013.pdf
Thank you for sending the link to the service bulletin. While I will check the VIN when the car is home this evening, I believe the vehicle production dates specified in the service bulletin (Oct 6th 2009 through Oct 30th 2009) are too early for our car - i.e. our car was manufactured in mid-2010.The car was in the shop for three days last week, and the shop manager says they ran a hose down the windshield for an hour plus left the car out during a heavy downpour and there was no evidence of water leaking around the windshield (no sign of water enter or staining. The carpeting was removed from the car to dry (the driver compartment side was completely saturated), and the service manager noted that all the water in the car was clean water - i.e. no oily residue, salt, or grime.I will will share the bulletin with the repair shop and see if the leak area specified in the bulletin was one of the areas they checked.
Check your build date to be sure the TSB does not apply and if the water was clean water then I would also have them make sure the AC evaporator drain is clear.
Okay, thank you.
Your very welcome and thank you as well, please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time and thank you again.