Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda Mazda6: I have a 2007 mazda 6 started and ran fine this…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 mazda...
I have a 2007 mazda 6 started and ran fine this morning. Left the bank and on my way home my radio shut off a/c shut off power locks wont work keyless entry wont work. Got home shut my car off now it will not try to start doesnt click or anything
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
Radio and everything else still not powering on as well. Have checked all fuses under the hood with a meter and all are find.
6/5/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start with checking the condition of the battery and the charging system, the battery voltage needs to be right at 12 volts and with the engine running it should read right at 14 volts. If the battery and or the charging system is failing it can cause all sorts of electrical concerns. Post back with the results and we can work from there.
My battery has 12 volts. All my fuses are good. My battery connections are good as well. The car was running fine. It started right up and all those things just shut off as i was driving.
So and now it will not crank?
Correct. It doesnt even try. When the car is in the on position my windows work my dash lights come out but nothing else work.
Are you able to scan the system and see if the computer is setting any fault codes?
I dont have a code reader.
There are a lot of parts store like Auto Zone that have a tool loaner program for a deposit , see if you can get your hands on a code reader and see if we can get any stored fault codes.
Okay it will be a little while until i have access to a vehichle to run to autozone ill message you after i do that.
Not a problem, let me know and we can work from there.