Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 mazda b400 4x4 and the other day I got an oil…

Customer Question
I have a 1997 mazda...

I have a 1997 mazda b4000 4 liter 4x4 and the other day I got an oil change and now the il level is fine but it started making a knocking noise from the top end. it comes and goes. the truck has a 170kms and all maintence done at the mazda dealer. they are saying it needs a new motor but I have had engines where the bottom end let go and this doesn't seem like that? Any ideas?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/3/2015
Mazda Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Your problem could have been caused by a faulty oil filter that caused the oil pressure to be restricted through it.Let me know what brand and part # ***** filter was used.

the oil pressure gauge is still running at the same as it always been. if it was starving for oil would the gauge not move up and down?

just went out and looked cant see no numbers but its blue in colour

I just did a little checking and the upper rad hose is completely clasped and when I remove the rad cap it sounds like it is sucking air and the rad hose goes back to the original shape