Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

Mazda demio: mazda demio 2004 waded through water.check engine

Customer Question

mazda demio 2004 waded through water.check engine light soon turned on.there is loss of power even on small hills
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Here is what i suggest you do first .
Have the management system checked for malfunction codes ,the code will let you know what system has been affected by the water ingress.
If you need help with the codes let me know .
Dry of the engine and the system /sensors affected clear codes and test drive
if it was just water that affected this then the code will not come back on .
Now other option is if you don't have the tools to check for malfunction codes ,then open the engine bay and leave in the sun to dry if petrol remove the coils and dry out the plug holes .disconnect the battery for 10 minutes ,when dry replace the coils and connect the battery and test drive ..still same issue you will then need to get to your local garage and have the car hooked up and checked for malfunction codes ..
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg