Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Why dose my mazda proege 5 crank and sometime it don't

Customer Question
why dose my mazda proege 5 crank and sometime it don't
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
6/1/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. When it doesn't crank do you still hear the starter click?
No nothing. . And when it does crank it starts right up
What year? Automatic or manual transmission?
2002 manual
The most likely cause is the clutch switch then possibly the ignition switch. Next time problem happens unplug switch and jump wires together, if that allows it to start then clutch switch needs to be replaced. The clutch switch is located at top of pedal. If that doesn't help check to see if wire going to clutch switch has voltage with key in start position, if not then ignition switch needs to be replaced. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.