Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 with 70000 miles and a CEL P0421. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Mazda...
I have a 2008 Mazda 3 with 70000 miles and a CEL P0421. I have the intake manifold replaced by mazda last year. I was wondering if this could have anything to do with that code. If not what repair do I need to make and how much will the part cost me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2015
Mazda Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
Are you in the 49 states that are not California?
No I'm in California
Why can u not help me if I'm in california?
I didn't say I couldn't help you but the rules for catalyst in your car are different for California, I am seeing if I can tell you how to get this repaired for free.
Ok that would be great cuz I just repaired the TCM which the part alone cost me almost $700. So any help will be greatly appreciated
Ok, in California the Warranty on catalytic converters is 8 years or 80,000 miles so you are covered for the P0421 code. Don't clear it just get the vehicle to the dealer and they will diagnose it and if the converter has to be replaced then they will do that at no cost to you.
Please let me know how I can help you with your question
Thank you
Oh thank u so much I needed some good news yay. And if it's not the converter what else could it be?
It could be a air or exhaust leak that could skew the readings from the sensors. Is this a clean title or has the vehicle been rebuilt?
It's a very clean vehicle I bought it almost 3 years ago with only 38,000 miles on it
Sounds like a deal then, let the dealer check it out and if it is the converter the code is calling out then they need to replace it at no cost to you
Please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you
.
Ok thank u very much
I am always glad to help, please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you