Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

Mazda CX-5 grand touring: I have a 2013 Mazda CX-5 grand touring

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Mazda CX-5 grand touring that has a "getting loader" high pitched whine that starts at 10 mph and continues to freeway speed. If I shift the six speed auto to neutral, the sound remains the same. What are the possibilities? My car has 92k miles and has been completely dealer serviced, trouble-free and well taken care of.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The noise is "getting louder", not loader. I made a typo.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is usually caused by a bad bearing in the driveline. Most common would be a wheel bearing, especially since the sound doesn't change when you shift into neutral. The thing is there are also final drive bearings in the transmission that can cause this as well., otherwise there actually isn't a lot that can cause the noise, there aren't as many things spinning as you may thing when driving. Because it's a noise concern it's difficult to be sure which of these you are hearing, so I usually suggest having it listened to locally to get a proper diagnosis, but these are the most common issues.Please let me know if there is more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.