Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazda RX-8: My 2004 RX8 started running bad. It's when I put

Customer Question
My 2004 RX8 started running...
My 2004 RX8 started running bad. It's when I put a load on it. Like up hill it starts acting like the gas shuts off. Then if I coast while I turn the ignition off then start it back it runs good until I put the load back on it. And, if I hold the accelerator to the floor it won't fire again until I turn it off again and back on. It's as if a relay switch gets reset and makes the gas turn back on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
5/5/2015
Mazda Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car and if the check engine light is coming on.?
There is about 30,000 miles on a Crate engine installed in 2009. It acts like, the gas shuts off. Then, when I turn the ignition off, then right back on, it runs great for just a few minutes.
Also, there is a procedure if the engine gets flooded. Hold the accelerator to the floor and, turn the engine over for about 7 or 8 seconds. Then release the starter, let go of the accelerator. Then start the engine. I'm wondering if there may be a relay switch that resets when the ignition is turned off then back on.
Drew
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.