Mazda

Mazda Repair Questions? Ask Mechanics for Answers ASAP

Mazda

Mazda Millenia: I am changing the front struts on a 2000 Mazda

Customer Question
I am changing the front...
I am changing the front struts on a 2000 Mazda Millinia I am missing a step I guess as I cant get the wheel to drop down enough to remove the strut. What other linkage needs to be dismantled?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mazda
Are you available to answer now or should I look elsewhere. Just not quite sure how the system works...
No need to respond, I figured it out.
5/2/2015
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
HiDid you disconnect the sway bar end link and tie rod end. You should be able to get the knuckle down enough to get the strut free, if not then disconnect the lower ball joint.- - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
I wont be rating you as I didn't get the response in a timely manner. I figured out what needed to be done on my own and by asking a mechanic friend after I didn't hear from you for a few hours.
Thanks for the update.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician