Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda 3: I have a 2005 Mazda 3 that the high beams, the interior

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 that the high beams, the interior lights, and the radio do not work. Also the check engine light is on. Did a continuity check of all fuses, and all seem to be working properly. Any help?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hi We are only allowed by the website to diagnose one concern per post. Can you narrow it down to the one you want me to help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of the above symptoms occurred at the same time. They are all related somehow.
Thanks That means all we need to do is address one issue and it should fix each one. Lets go after the radio, its the easiest to diagnose. Use the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05mazdaradio.pngWhen the radio is not working, check the fuses for the radio to see if they are powered. If they are then the radio needs to be removed and the powers and grounds to it checked.It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Already found the source. There was a squirrel or some other rodent living under the power distribution box in the engine compartment. Ate nuts and the wiring.
Glad you got it resolved.