Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

My 2010 Mazda CX7 has no reverse. The AT light stays on and

My 2010 Mazda CX7 has no reverse. The AT light stays on and the engine revs. It is just out of warranty, but has been serviced by Mazda throughout.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Now that the car is at the dealer or repair shop there is no way you and me can do basic checks to see if in fact you have a big problem or just a sensor or wiring harness issue .

Ask the repair shop to check for malfunction codes and get back with them for me to check , if no malfunction codes then ask what condition the fluid is in, if they say dark brown to black, then this is an internal breakdown and will need replacing or rebuilding .

Ask them to put the gear in "P" and then push the car if it moves then if yes then could be a electrical issue with the TCM connector .

You could have a bad body valve or torque converter a stall test should also be done .

Relay this information and see what answer you get and work from there ,if you need assistance then get back to me here at this same page .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. It is hard when you cannot look at the vehicle. I ended up taking it into Mazda and the transmission is being replaced under warranty.